Saturday, September 10, 2011

Holes, Holes, & More Holes: The Bed Days 14 & 15

I filled a bunch of holes on the bed sides. I think most of them are from different fender position configurations.

I started out cutting out the little pieces of metal to fit the hole. The process is time consuming. Eventually I started putting the metal on one side just big enough of a square to cover the hole then I fill it in from the other side. Once it is welded up I grind the metal piece flush.




This is what happened to my small magnet when I hit the other side with the welder. I switched to a heavier magnet and that did not happen again.








Then I shot the side with Rust Reformer.












 Then I started marking holes on the other side and got a few welded.



I sanded down the rear panel and shot it with Reformer before I called it a day.




No comments:

Post a Comment