Thursday, September 8, 2011

Do over?

I was thinking about the bed last night and I think I will have to cut that sub frame cross member I just put in back out. After looking at countless photos and diagrams on the web, it looks like the cross member should run through a notch on each side of the bed sides and tie into the rear stake pockets. I cut mine to run flush with the end of the sides. The stake pockets sit back about 3/4 of an inch from the edge. I will know more once I get the stake pockets on.

Once I get that squared away I should be able to place the gas tank.



Today I have to run a few errands but I hope to fill in some more holes on the bed sides. I still need to weld a few of the pop rivets too. These rivets are the ones that were holding the bed floor in before and I hate to loose that look, so I am leaving them in, welding them from the inside of the bed.

I hope to wrap the bed up sometime with in the next week or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment