Tuesday, August 30, 2011

August 29 2011: The Bed day 5

Today I had an attempt at building a metal brake .... it's not pretty but it does function. I do not think it is quite right my angles are not as crisp as I would like.






I played around with some 16 gauge steel.





The bed is coming along. It will not be perfect, but in my opinion it will be better than the rough edges of the previous shortening of the bed. UI also think the extra 5 inches will ad to the appearance. Hey if it turns out really bad I can always cut my work back off and still have the same size bed that I bought it with. I actually only lost about an inch off one side, the other side was trimmed slightly to even things up.








Note: My digital camera took a dive today and is no longer working so my photos will all be from my iPhone for now. One thing I have noticed is once I transfer pictures to my PC I edit them and upload to the blog. Whenever I have rotated a photo to correct the position the blog site somehow knows the original configuration and turns it back. So, that's why you see pictures that are not rotated correctly. Hey I wonder if having my digital in the garage while welding did something to the electronics in the phone ..... hmmmmm. So far no negative reaction to my phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment