Tuesday, August 23, 2011

August 23 2011

I picked up a welder so I have been busy! The welder is a MIG - Lincoln 140 So far I like it.






Yesterday I tested it out by fitting a piece to bridge where the frame had been cut for the gas tank filler. Whoever did this back in the day used a torch to cut the hole, so it is pretty sloppy. I will se what I can do to make it look better. I also still need to clean up the rusted remnants of the old bed floor.



I put the trans back together and mocked up the shifter and adjusted the linkage . It seems to be going through the gears fine. I welded the tab that holds the shifter back on and bolted on the shifter.




I removed the JB Weld that was over the hairline crack in the transmission case and welded it instead. I followed instructions from an online article for welding cast. Lets hope it holds.



Then I touched up the paint on the transmission.



Then I started cutting pieces of wood and steel to mock up the bed for the new floor.


No comments:

Post a Comment