Saturday, February 19, 2011

Saturday not Sunday as posted earlier LOL

Started the morning early. The welder came at 830 AM and fixed the shifter mechanism .... not a great job but it works ...so far.



So I installed it back on the truck and did 3 separate adjustments on the clutch .... can get 2,3, and reverse but can not get it to go into first .... I'm not sure whats going on there. I let it run for a while to see how the water was going to act .... nothing major, although I did loose a little out of the overflow after I shut it off. I still don't think it is getting warm enough for the thermostat to open up.


Dusty!

I also noticed that I was still had oil leaking out of the exhaust on the passenger side, where the manifold connects to the exhaust pipe flange as well as back at the muffler inlet. So I took the valve covers off and re torqued the head bolts. While I had access I changed out the broken rocker stud for the new one I picked up from a great guy in Washington a while back. Then I re torqued the intake manifold just to be on the safe side. I don't think any of this helped, but it could be just leaking out what came into the exhaust before I torqued the bolts ... doubt I could be so lucky. I think the rings are bad or I have a busted piston on that side. I'm not going to sink any more money into that engine and trans, it is just too costly and hard to find parts for it. I'll start looking for a good deal on something else. At least I can move it around to work on it now that the shifter is back on.


Oil at manifold

Oil at muffler inlet

That was enough frustration for one day so I spent some relax time grinding off more paint! LOL I got the worst of it off the hood top on the drivers side, then moved down to the running board and cleaned that up pretty good. removed a little more from the drivers fender. I am finding a little Bondo but nothing serious yet. I took a little more from the door and cab corner as well.

Hood top getting better.

Running board and door almost there!

Fender still needing attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment