Thursday, February 3, 2011

Vinegar as a Rust Remover?!

My Dad sent me a card reader I had sent him a few years back, so I am now able to get the pics from my camera to my laptop!  Thanks Dad!

I am just going to post the pics here rather than go back and edit the last couple of posts.

Here are the results of soaking the traction bar ends in white vinegar for a few days:


Before (  actually I think this is after a day in the soak)

After soak and washed off

After a quick wire wheel

After paint .. note the bolts are done too.


 These are various bolt pictures .... some are stamped DPCD and I think they are from the donor car "Dodge, Plymouth, Chrysler, DeSoto" ????


E-brake part after soak
Random Bolt pics
Stamp on bolt

Close up nothing special just exhaust bolt

Pile of stuff that was soaking

After soak

The left were wire wheeled ... darker ones just soaked

 BPI ????????

BSI ????

Drive shaft bolts and retainers (rear)

Exhaust bolts

Traction bar bolts after soak
Here are some pictures of the traction bars in various stages of completion.




Some frame pictures to replace the grainy ones in the previous post.





No comments:

Post a Comment