Monday, January 3, 2011

Rusty Bits

I have just been doing more of the same ... rust/paint removal. I did unbolt the bed of the truck and remove the board that was in the bed. I found a metal floor underneath. It will need some patching but I do not think I will cover it up anytime soon.

I also grew tired of the stripper then scrape process, so I went to Home Depot and picked up a 4.5 inch grinder and some flapper disc and a paint remover disc as well as 1 cut off and one grinding disc. WOW, this is a lot quicker and much easier!


Scraped then sanded

Using the grinder with paint remover wheel
Much cleaner
Before grinder
Note the gas filler is gone
Before bed was removed
Old way
New
You can see where the grinder was used
Here too ... on top





Here are some shots of the bed floor:




EEEeeeeewwwwwwwwWWW


Here are the tail lights I removed after mapping out the electric circuit for them. They are old Duolamps ... 28-29 replacements I think.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you found a nest of "termites' ....The sanding disk looks to be doing a good job.
    Oh, why am I showing up as a follower twice?

    ReplyDelete