Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Good things happen'n ....

Started out cleaning and painting the throw out bearing collar and the drive shaft. I just used flat black rust reformer in a spray can.

Refurbished throwout bearing collar SIDE

Refurbished throwout bearing collar BACK

Rust-oleum Rust Reformer

Painted drive shaft waiting to go back in


Then I wire wheeled the shocks and got them in reformer then primer. I still have to sand the primer and shoot the paint .. these are going to be Ford blue. The shocks will get replaced but these are not bad other than cosmetics so I thought I would freshen them up.

Shock before removal

Rusty shock after removal

Shock after wire wheel and reformer
Shocks in primer


Then the water pump showed up! It looks great. I shot a coat of primer on it and painted it back to the silver it was before I sent it off. I also repainted the bolts to flat black. Cleaned up the opening it bolts too but I still have to get the remnants of gasket off. I will probably get it on tonight or tomorrow AM.

New water pump as received from CARDONE

Everything that came with it ...double boxed!
Just sprayed the primer

Drying in front of my heater
First coat of paint

Second coat

160° thermostat (new)

Where the water pump goes

No comments:

Post a Comment