Friday, November 19, 2010

Thermostat Housing

Just a small project yesterday. The thermostat housing had two pinholes in it, so I took it off and removed the paint. Soldered the holes and repainted it. I also cut off the rusty top end.

I also went to the local NAPA and got another bottom radiator hose ... I recently got one from AutoZone and cut one end a bit short, also it was 1-1/2 on both ends and I needed one end to be 1-3/4. I still had to cut the new one but it fits much nicer now!


I let it run for about a half hour as well ...still white smoke and when I pulled it back in the garage I noticed black oil splatter on the side of the oil pan. Oil is on the exhaust pipe as well .... I am starting to think the head gaskets I got from Hot Heads are the wrong ones ...I may pull the heads and put the old ones back on ...this could be the whole problem!

2 comments:

  1. Thermostat housing looks good !
    Hope you find the problem with the oil leak soon.
    I know you will. It may very well be the head gaskets. Is it leaking on both sides?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just the one so far as I can tell ...I have it parked tight against the garage wall so I cant get to it to look right now. Will check it out more next week. Should only take a couple days to pull the heads,check it out, and get it back together.

    ReplyDelete