Saturday, November 20, 2010

More Removing the paint ...

More stripping today for a good part of the day. I apply the stripper let it stand then scrape the bubbled paint away. I do this a couple of times to get the better part of it off. I then use the drill with the wire brush to get the last of the paint and to remove any surface rust. I spent a little time removing a small deep dent from the tail gate using heat and cold water to shrink the metal then heated it one last time and brought it flat with a hammer. The tailgate will be a challenge to get most of the dents out... I will eventually take the tailgate off to work on it. I will do what I can with it on since it is tack welded on.

To get it done

Stripper at work

Eating it away

Running board too

Tailgate is almost stripped

Lots of dents to fix

This dent in the bead roll is gonna be tough.


The hinge rod




I also removed the hinge rod and stripped it. It was very much out of shape and needed to be straightened. The picture above is the finished rod. I straightened it using a vice as well as a hammer.

No comments:

Post a Comment