Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Back in Business

In VA working on the truck again! I'm expecting to get the gasket set today or tomorrow. I'm crossing my fingers that it is the correct set! Yesterday I power washed the intake, trans, trans cross member and bell housing. Then I pushed the truck outside and did it top and bottom.

After power washing the trans I found a hairline crack in the case near the top left bolt hole. I do not think this will cause any problems and I am going to leave it for now. I plan on upgrading to a 4 speed in the future.

Once my gasket set comes in I will be able to replace the main rear seal and put the engine back together. At that point I will be able to finish cleaning the block and paint it. I'm still trying to decide on an engine color. I'm leaning towards Mopar gold or Ford Blue.

More tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment