Sunday, August 29, 2010

Preparing for the engine removal.

Removed the grill, radiator, gas linkage, shifter and disconnected all wires hoses etc this AM. I ran into a slight problem with the drivers fender. It had been tack welded to the grill shell at some point. I hit it with a cutting wheel on a power saw and solved that real quick. I will have to determine what needs to be done to use a bolt there when I put it back on. All of the nuts and bolts came off with ease. Nothing busted or broke. "knock on wood".

Next I will have to jack the truck up and see what needs to be disconnected to free up the transmission from the cross member and disconnect the drive shaft.That will clear the way to lift the engine right out.

I'm still working out the details on the manifold, but I think it will be a workable deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment